Through the student unions, students are represented in decision- and policy-making boards that concern education at every level within Lund University.
The unions also arrange social activities, welcome events for new students, career fairs and a range of other projects and committees. As a student, you can easily get involved in the unions' work and seize the opportunity to gain leadership experience.
Student unions consist of student representatives and course registrars and have as their most important task to guard, maintain and improve the quality of the education at the University. There are nine student unions at Lund University, seven of which are affiliated with Studentlund. The union you belong to depends on your subject area:
- Business, Economics & Management: LundaEkonomerna
- Engineering & Technology: Technologkåren vid LTH
- Fine & Performing Arts: Studentkåren vid Konstnärliga fakulteten
- Humanities & Theology: Humanistiska och Teologiska Studentkåren
- Social Sciences: Samhällsvetarkåren
- Law: Juridiska Föreningen
The unions are gathered under the umbrella organisation Lunds universitets studentkårer (LUS).