Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here

Students with disabilities

If you have a disability, for example dyslexia, a visual impairment or ADHD, and would like to study at Lund University, we can provide you with support during your studies.

The first thing you need to do is to contact one of the Accessibility Officers to find out what kind of support you can get and how to apply for it. In order to receive support, you must have a certificate stating that your disability is long-term or permanent.  We ask that you get in touch well before you begin your studies so that we provide you with the best help possible.

If you have any questions, please contact the Accessibility Officer responsible for helping students at the particular faculty you are admitted to.

Learning support

At Lund University we offer the following forms of learning support:

  • Note-taking
  • Special arrangements for exams
  • Study skills tuition
  • Talking books
  • Study support mentor
  • Special educator

You will discuss with your Accessibility Officer what forms of learning support are appropriate for you.

Exchange students

If you come to Lund University on an exchange programme, your coordinator at your home university must contact us well before your arrival. We must have confirmation that your home university is willing to pay for the support you can receive here.

Independent students/Master’s students

If you are an independent student, or ‘free-mover’, we do not need to have any contact with your previous university. You should contact us yourself to let us know that you are going to study at Lund University. We ask you to apply for learning support as early as possible.

Apply for learning support

To be able to take advantage of the support we offer, you will need to apply for learning support by filling in the online application form below. To submit your application, you must also upload a certificate of your permanent disability.

Once we have received your application we will, if necessary, contact you for a meeting in person, or over the phone. If you are studying stand-alone courses, your will need to apply for support each semester.

You are always welcome to book an appointment with your coordinator if you have questions pertaining to your application. 

Learning support online application form at (click in the right hand corner for English)If you are experiencing trouble logging into the application system, please do not hesitate to contact one of the accessibility officers.

Hearing impairments/interpretation

If you have a hearing impairment and require sign language interpretation it can be difficult to find qualified education interpreters, because there are only a limited number of interpreters in Sweden who are able to interpret into multiple sign languages. Let us know well in advance so that we can establish whether it is possible to arrange interpretation into your native language.

Housing, personal assistance, transport

Unfortunately we are not able to help you find adapted accommodation for people with disabilities. If you have special accommodation requirements, please contact AF Bostäder, who manage a small number of adapted residences for people with disabilities in Lund.

AF Bostäder website

It is also not possible to receive help with personal assistance from the University, neither during teaching nor during your free time. In order to receive personal assistance, you must have a Swedish personal identity number. For more information, please contact the City of Lund and ask about ‘LSS’ (Act concerning Support and Service for Persons with Certain Functional Impairments).

A Swedish personal identity number is also a requirement for you to have access to transport services to and from lectures and in your free time. For more information, please contact the City of Lund and ask about community transport (‘färdtjänst’).

City of Lund website

Page Manager:

Asian student walking through a lecture hall

Contact information – Accessibility Officers

Please contact the Accessibility Officer at your faculty for information about available support and how to apply for it:

Carina Argelius
Student coordinator for students at Campus Helsingborg and Faculties of Humanities and Theology
carina [dot] argelius [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+ 46 46 222 3430

Christel Berg
Coordinator for the Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts, Faculty of Social Sciences and Faculty of Medicine
christel [dot] berg [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 3490

Kristian Frennessen
Coordinator for the School of Economics and Management, Faculty of Law and, School of Social Work and Bachelor’s degree programme in Political Science
kristian [dot] frennessen [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 8681

Christina Rowa
Coordinator for the Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Science
christina [dot] rowa [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 7050

Henrik Mejborn
Special Educator
henrik [dot] mejborn [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 3452