Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.


Study in the Nordic countries
Undergraduate students can study for 1–12 months at another Nordic university. Lund University has agreements with several higher education institutions in the Nordic countries.

Study in the Nordic countries

You can apply for scholarships and travel grants for full-time study for up to 12 months to cover extra costs incurred in conjunction with the exchange, but these are not guaranteed. The Nordplus scholarships are funded by the Nordic Council of Ministers. Lund University has Erasmus+ agreements with some Nordic higher education institutions, in which case you can apply for an Erasmus+ scholarship instead (the Erasmus+ scholarship is somewhat larger than the Nordplus scholarship). You cannot apply for both an Erasmus+ and a Nordplus scholarship.

The following countries are part of Nordplus: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, the self-governing territories of Greenland, the Faroe Islands and Åland, and the Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Applications for an exchange under Nordplus are to go through your department or faculty (see links on this page).Different faculties and departments are part of different Nordplus networks, and therefore offer different scholarships. Your international coordinator can provide information about which scholarship you can apply for in connection with your exchange studies within the Nordic countries.

Faculty- and subject-specific networks

Some faculties are part of networks within Nordplus. Also some departments are part of subject-specific Nordplus networks. Below you will find information about some of these networks. Contact the international coordinator or study advisor at your department/faculty for information about exchange opportunities in the Nordic countries.


Nordtek is an exchange programme for engineering students in the Nordic countries. The aim of the programme is to provide students in the late stages of their degree programme (you must have at least 120 credits at the time of application) with access to a wider range of specialisations. Students nominated for an exchange by the International Office LTH to a Nordic country may also be granted the Nordtek scholarship for the exchange.
For more information, please contact:

Sophia Dequidt
International Office LTH
sophia [dot] nilsson_dequidt [at] lth [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 (0)46 222 3381


Norek is a Nordic network for student mobility in the field of business administration, with some opportunities to study economics as well. The network is made up of 27 higher education institutions in the Nordic countries. The aim of the programme is to offer students in the late stages of their degree programme the opportunity to access specialisation courses at other universities. You can apply for a Norek grant in connection  with the exchange.

For more information, please contact:

Maria Nilsson
International Secretariat, EHL
maria [dot] nilsson [at] ehl [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 (0)46 222 3441


Nordlys is the University-wide network for students whose departments/faculties are not part of any Nordplus network. Students applying for exchange studies in the Nordic region via Nordlys can apply for a Nordlys scholarship. An application form will be sent to you by your coordinator at External Relations after your faculty/department has nominated you for an exchange. The maximum scholarship is approximately SEK 12 000 per semester, but varies depending on where you go, how long you are away, and how many students have applied for the scholarship that year.

For more information, please contact:

Dimardo Dean
External relations
dimardo [dot] dean [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 (0)46 222 4025

Page Manager: