Student Health Counselling
Student health counselling
The Student Health Centre offers counselling to Lund University students. Our staff work primarily with psychological problems that affect your ability to study, such as stress, worry, anxiety, depression, transitional issues and/or academic difficulties. This is in addition to other public and private health clinics where you can go for general medical issues, sexual health and contraception.
All information shared by you with our staff is held in the strictest confidence and is not communicated to anyone without your permission, except in the rare instance of a life-threatening situation.
Meet with a counsellor
Note that the Student Health Centre will be closed from 20 December until 7 January and that the waiting time to get an appointment is long at present! We therefore ask you to contact your health care centre (vårdcentral) if you feel that you cannot wait until January. You can find information about health care centres on 1177.se (external website).
Counselling services at the Faculty of Engineering
Students at the Faculty of Engineering who wish to speak to a counsellor can turn directly to the counsellors at the Faculty of Engineering.
Health services for doctoral students
Doctoral/PhD candidates should seek help from the Occupational Health Service of Lund University, not the Student Health Centre.
Seminars and workshops
We also offer a variety of seminars, courses and workshops directed towards international students on topics such as stress, procrastination, cultural adjustment etc.
Check out our self-help brochures where we have put together different tips that can help you in your everyday life as an international student:
- Freqently asked questions about exam anxiety (PDF 1 MB)
- Advice for effective stress managment (PDF 1.4 MB)
- Advice on how to avoid procrastination (PDF 280 kB)
- Advice on how to sleep better (PDF 1.27 MB)
- Practical advice on ergonomics (PDF 500 kB)
- Effective Intercultural Adjustment (PDF 352 kB)
- Advice on how to survive the winter darkness in Sweden (PDF 101 kB)
- Mondays: 8:30-12:00, 13:00-14:00
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays: 8:30-12:00
- Thursdays: 8:30-9:00, 11:00-12:00
- Fridays: 8:30-10:30
These times may be subject to change
+46 (0)46 222 4377
Paradisgatan 5B, Lund