Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.

Tuition fees

Watch this video on how to activate your student account and pay your tuition fee, as a student starting your Bachelor's or Master's degree studies in autumn 2017.

What is the tuition fee for my course/programme?

The tuition fee for a specific programme or course can be found on the programme and course webpages. 

Please note that there are no application or tuition fees for:

  • exchange students
  • PhD students
  • citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland

Students who are citizens of countries outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are generally required to pay application and tuition fees. There are some exceptions to this general rule. For the full list of exemptions, please refer to official information from University Admissions in Sweden. Visit for all the general criteria for tuition fees and exemptions.

Rules regarding residence permits, citizen status, connections with a family member who is a citizen of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland can be found at the Swedish Migration Agency website.

Find the tuition fee for your programme or course

Visit the Swedish Migration Agency website

Tuition fee payment

Lund University issues an invoice in advance of each semester of study, with payment due before the start of the semester. The deadlines for Lund University tuition fee payments are:

Autumn semester studies (September-January):

  • Invoices are generated and sent to you in the Student Portal during May
  • Payment is due by 15 June, howeve we strongly urge you to pay by 1 June in order to make your residence permit application as early as possible

Spring semester studies (January-June):

  • Invoices are generated and sent to you in the Student Portal during November
  • Payment is due by 15 December

How to access your tuition fee invoice:

Tuition fee invoices are made available through the Student Portal. Newly admitted students are given information on how to activate their student accounts and then access the Lund University Student Portal approximately one week after the second notification of results are made (i.e. in late April for autumn studies, and early November for spring studies). You will be able to view and pay your tuition invoice in the Lund University Student Portal. 

Activate your student account

Log in to the Student Portal

There are two ways to pay your tuition fee:

  • Online payment using a credit card (Visa or MasterCard)
  • Payment by bank transfer

If you are granted a scholarship, the amount awarded will be deducted from your invoice accordingly, e.g. if you are awarded a 50% scholarship, your invoice will only include half of the tuition fee due for that semester.

Payment of the first semester of study

Once the tuition fee for the first semester of study is paid, Lund University will directly notify the Swedish Migration Agency that payment has been received so that you can start your residence permit application. We encourage you to submit your residence permit application documents as soon as possible once you have paid your tuition fee instalment, so that your residence permit can be processed in good time before the start of the first semester of your studies.

Payment of ongoing semesters of study

For each following semester of study, a tuition fee invoice is generated in advance of that semester and sent to you via the Student Portal where you can make your payment. Payment is due before the start of the semester as per the autumn and spring timeframes listed above.

Haven't received a tuition fee invoice?

Tuition fee invoices are generated after you receive your second and final Notification of Selection Results. The invoices are made available in the Student Portal. If you've received your final Notification of Selection Results, and you still haven't received your invoice within a week, you should contact the Admissions Office at Lund University. 

Contact form for the Lund University Admissions Office

Related information

Page Manager:

Green leaves

Contact information

Lund University tuition fees

You find the tuition fee cost for each particular programme or course on the respective programme descriptions.
List of degree programmes (click on a programme to view details)

For other questions regarding payment of Lund University tuition fees, contact the Division of Finances at Lund University:  tuitionfees [at]

Swedish Migration Agency

For questions concerning citizenship status and residence permit status, please contact the Swedish Migration Agency.
Contact details on the Swedish Migration Agency website