Internships in research teams abroad
What is STREAM?
STREAM (STudent REseArch Mobility) is a project started by the League of European Research Universities (LERU). LERU comprises the most outstanding research-intensive universities in Europe. These universities are now opening up internship opportunities for current students from the universities which are LERU members.
Via STREAM, you can do an internship in a research team at one of the LERU universities, on a full-time basis, for one month up to a whole semester.
Many students can get credits transferred to their degree at Lund University for this experience. Please contact your home department/programme director at Lund University to find out what opportunities you have for credit transfer.
The universities currently participating are:
- University of Cambridge
- Université de Genève
- Université Paris Sud
- Università degli studi di Milano
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- Lund University
What research projects are available to me?
There are available research projects in all subject areas. The range is continuously updated.
You can apply for an Erasmus grant for research internships within LERU STREAM.
Read more about how to apply for an Erasmus traineeship grant
To be eligible for a research internship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be registered for full time studies at Lund University at the time of application. It is not possible to do a STREAM internship after you have finished your studies at Lund University (including the summer after you graduate)
- Be studying on the third year of your Bachelor’s degree programme or on a Master’s programme
- Have good English language skills
- There may be further requirements specific to the various research projects
Registration of interest
The various research projects have different deadlines. Usually, you should submit your application to the officer at Lund University 3–4 weeks before the host university’s deadline.
Contact the STREAM officer at Lund University to find out Lund University’s deadline for the projects you are interested in and then register your interest via email to marie.herner_hallstrom [at] er.lu.se.
Your registration of interest should be written in correct and fluent English and contain the following:
- 1 Statement of Purpose (max 2 A4) – Argue for why you want to do an internship in the research field, how you could contribute to the work of the research team and what you think you stand to learn.
- CV (max 1 A4)
- Letter of recommendation from a lecturer at Lund University
You do not need to attach a grade transcript from LADOK (it will be retrieved by External Relations from LADOK)
Your registration of interest will be reviewed and assessed by your faculty. You will be notified by email of the outcome within three weeks.
Do you have questions about LERU STREAM?
Contact the STREAM officer at Lund University: marie.herner_hallstrom [at] er.lu.se