Applying for Erasmus mobility grant
Application for an Erasmus mobility grant
Proceed as follows:
- Read the conditions below: Note that you need to provide the time for your mobility correctly. Check the dates on the host university’s webpage or check with your international coordinator. The start date should be the first day when you need to be present at the host university for academic reasons (e.g. start date for course, introduction week, etc.). The end date should be the last day when you need to be present at the host university for academic reasons (e.g. last course day or final exam).
- Click on the link 'Go to the Erasmus mobility grant application form' at the end of the page
- Choose 'Student mobility for studies' and press 'search'
- Read the conditions, fill in your personal identity number and press 'I accept the terms'
- Fill in the required information and press 'To Erasmus scholarship agreement'
- Print the form, sign it and send it to Ingrid Temler at External Relations (Ingrid Temler, External Relations, PO Box 117, 221 00 Lund, Sweden) or scan it and send it by email to Ingrid.Temler [at] er.lu.se.
- Please note: If you are not registered for exchange studies in the Ladok register, you will not be able to complete the application process. In that case, follow the instructions in the application form and send the document to Ingrid Temler at External Relations.
Conditions for Erasmus mobility students
By applying for an Erasmus mobility grant, you undertake to fulfil the following conditions:
- You must not have not been on Erasmus studies or training for more than a total of 12 months per cycle of study (Bachelor's, Master's and research studies are counted separately), including the time period applied for in this application.
- You must have studied at university (full-time) for at least one year by your date of departure.
- You must have been nominated for Erasmus mobility exchange studies through Lund University.
- You must have been promised full recognition of study by Lund University on your return home (hold a signed Learning Agreement).
- You will not pay fees to the host university.
- The exchange studies will last for at least three and no more than twelve months. If your period of study is changed so that it is less than three months, the grant must be paid back.
- You will not accept another grant or other kind of funding from EU bodies/the Swedish Council for higher education during the exchange period.
- You will be living in the host country during the study period. NB: This also applies to studies in Denmark.
- The contract “Grant Agreement, Erasmus+ Studies” shall be signed before the beginning of the mobility period. Applications handed in when the mobility period has already started, are not accepted.
- A Learning Agreement needs to be in place before the start of the mobility. It needs to be signed by the student, the home university and by the host university.
- Will participate in the language tests, which are automatically sent to those scholarship holders who are required to take it, before and after the mobility period.
- You will reply to the report request sent from the Erasmus Mobility Tool after finishing your mobility.
- At the end of your exchange, the form 'Confirmation of Study Period' will be sent to the grant administrator at External Relations at Lund University. The form must be signed by the host university.
- You undertake to notify your international coordinator and the grant administrator at External Relations of any changes that affect your Erasmus period.
- The mobility period refers to the period of time which is spent at the host university, in order to take part of activities which are recognised as part of the mobility. Distance learning is e.g. not accepted.
If you accept an Erasmus mobility grant without fulfilling the conditions above, you will be obliged to pay it back.
The Erasmus grant
Erasmus students can apply for an EU-funded grant, through Lund University. The grant is aimed to cover the additional costs of the stay abroad. The grant amount is calculated per day and varies depending on which country you go to. For the academic year 2017/18 the amount of the grant for studies is:
- 14 Euros per day (approximately 420 Euros per month) if you go to Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, the UK or Austria.
- 10.50 Euros per day (approximately 315 Euros per month) if you go to Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia or Macedonia.
The grant is paid in Swedish crown. An initial payment will represent about 70% of the estimated total amount of the grant. The remaining 30% is paid by the end of the school year, once you have submitted the form "Confirmation of Study Period", answered the report submitted by the end of mobility through the Erasmus Mobility Tool and made the language tests which is required after completion of the mobility.
Erasmus students with disabilities can apply for additional grant funds.
Additional support for Erasmus+ students with disabilities
Lund University can apply for additional funds for outgoing Erasmus+ students with disabilities from the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR). Lund University can apply for funds that cover up to 100 percent of all additional costs in connection with the mobility abroad.
Additional costs are increased costs which the institution or the individual participant has and which are not financed by other means, for example:
- teaching materials
- personal assistant
- medical follow-up, physiotherapy
- medical examination in the host country
For more information about support for students with disabilities, please contact the Academic Support Center:
christel.berg [at] stu.lu.se
Tel: 046-222 34 90
In order to get the money before the beginning of the mobility, you need to apply well in advance. Hand in your application as soon as possible once the application has opened, and no later than one month before the beginning of the mobility. Your scholarship agreement must be received by External Relations no later than the 15th of the month before you will receive the first payment. The payments are made on the 25th every month. In order to be sure to get the first payment before you leave, you must submit the agreement no later than the 15th, two months before you leave. Example: If you begin your mobility on October 20, we must have received your signed agreement by August 15, in order to have time to transfer the money before you begin your mobility. In this case, you will receive the money on 25 September. Exceptions to this rule may apply during holiday periods and/or if Lund University does not receive money from the Swedish Council for Higher Education in time. Students who go on exchange in August or September normally receive their first payment on September 25. In order to be entitled to the first payment, you must have done the language test which is required for the Erasmus students.
Fill in the application form
You can apply for spring 2017 grants from 16 November 2016.
Ingrid.Temler [at] er.lu.se
+46 (0)46 222 7033
Division of External Relations
221 00 Lund