Deputy Vice-Chancellor Eva Wiberg
Professor Eva Wiberg is Deputy Vice-Chancellor at Lund University and has special responsibility for first-, second- and third-cycle education and associated quality assurance. She is also responsible for international affairs.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor is appointed by the University Board for a maximum term of six years.
Eva Wiberg is a Professor of Italian. Her research concerns second language acquisition and bilingualism, with a focus on Italian. Eva Wiberg has long experience of teaching and supervision. She is a Dame of the Order of the Star of Italian Solidarity (Stella della Solidarietà Italiana) for her outstanding contribution to the development of Italian at Lund University.
After gaining a German university entrance certificate in Rome, Eva Wiberg took a degree in modern languages at Lund University and studied at Università la Sapienza in Rome.
- 1997 PhD in Romance Languages, specialising in Italian, Lund University
- 1999–2000 Postdoctoral fellowship at Università di Pavia, Italy
- 1998 Senior Lecturer at Lund University
- 2004 Reader in Italian
- 2004–2005 Head of the Department of Romance Languages
- 2006–2008 Dean of the Languages and Literature Division within the Faculties of Humanities and Theology with special responsibility for first- and second-cycle education. Also first Head of Department of the Centre for Languages and Literature.
- 2009–2011 Pro-Dean of the Faculties of Humanities and Theology with special responsibility for first- and second-cycle education and internationalisation
- 2010–2011 National Bologna expert
- 2012 Professor of Italian
- 2012–current Deputy Vice-Chancellor at Lund University
Other positions (selected):
- Executive Director of the global university network Universitas 21
- Chair of the network USI – Universities and Swedish institutes around the Mediterranean in collaboration for internationalisation
- External member of the Board of Kristianstad University
- Member of the steering group for the LERU Vice-Rectors for Teaching and Learning Community
- As Deputy Vice-Chancellor for education, Eva Wiberg is the chair of the Education Board at Lund University (first-, second- and third-cycle with associated internationalisation and recruitment matters
- Member of the board of Spyken upper secondary school in Lund
eva.wiberg [at] rektor.lu.se
+46 (0)46 222 7005
Deputy Vice-Chancellor's secretary
eva.porenius [at] rektor.lu.se
+46 (0)46 222 7093