Lund University seeks a Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Ref. No: STYR 2017/187
In an era of significant successes and decisive challenges, we are now seeking a new Deputy Vice-Chancellor who with excellent leadership skills can unify and advance our university. Lund University is a comprehensive university that has undergone significant expansion over recent years. Continued interaction with the business sector and wider society is of decisive importance for Lund University’s future as a world-class university.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor deputises for the Vice-Chancellor when he is away and otherwise stands in for the Vice-Chancellor to the extent he decides. At Lund University, the Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor are expected to work as a team, complementing one another and leading the University together. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor is a member of the university management team and the Vice-Chancellor’s Management Council.
Future challenges include continuing the work that has begun on the two new research facilities, the MAX IV Laboratory and the European project ESS, and on digital development that opens the way for new forms of teaching and learning. Alongside this, we wish to maintain and, above all, extend the breadth and depth of research and education that characterise our university.
The successful candidate shall have the research and teaching expertise that are required for appointment as a professor or senior lecturer. The candidate shall also fulfil all other requirements for appointment as a professor or senior lecturer pursuant to the Higher Education Ordinance (HEO Chap. 2 Sec. 11).
The successful candidate should also:
- be a good leader and have demonstrated good leadership
- enjoy a good reputation as a researcher and teacher
- have an understanding of the University’s breadth and differences in circumstances and capacity to pursue development in its various activities.
- have a good ability to promote the University’s interests in terms of funding for research and education
- have a good ability to operate in both Swedish and international contexts
- have a good ability to manage and develop financial and human resources in a large academic organisation
- have a good ability to work on issues concerning the work environment, gender equality and diversity
- have a good ability to engage, motivate and interact with staff and students
- have a high level of personal integrity
- have good proficiency in both Swedish and English
Lund University strives for an even gender balance. Since the Vice-Chancellor for Lund University is a man, we particularly welcome applications from women.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor is a full-time assignment beginning 1 July 2017.
Information about the assignment is available from the head of the Office of the Vice-Chancellor, Cecilia Billgren, +46 46 222 7024, Cecilia.Billgren [at] rektor.lu.se.
- SACO-S, Jan-Åke Lööv, +46 46 222 8464, Lars-Ake.Loov [at] saco-s.lu.se
- SEKO, Ingrid Lagerborg, +46 46 222 9361, Ingrid.Lagerborg [at] seko.lu.se
- OFR, Jacob Branting, +46 46 222 9362, Jacob.Branting [at] epn.lu.se
The expression of interest should include a covering letter and a CV.
The expression of interest, citing the reference number STYR 2017/187, are to be sent to Registrator [at] lu.se or Registrator, Lunds universitet, Box 117, 221 00 Lund, Sweden, by Monday 17 April 2017.